Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gone Camping

With all this rain we've been having I decided to let the kids go "camping".

That's right "Camping"...

I am running out of things to do with the kids.

We've been talking about taking the kids camping this summer so...

Tommy told me that since I was heading to Wal-Mart to pick up a little tent for the kids. (Best suggestion EVER)!!!!!!

Photobucket
The Kid's tent!! Of course we had to get the turquiose tent. It was that or orange. YUCK!!!


Photobucket
We already had the chairs but the kids were using them to sit at the picnic table.




Photobucket
The back of the tent.


Photobucket
The picnic table with the kid's snack. Since we can't have a fire in the house, I had to come up with a way to make smores. I poured some Golden Grahams, mini marshmellow, and chocolate chips into a bowl.


Photobucket

The kids eating the yummy snack!!!


Photobucket



So Yummy!!! I don't usually let the kids eat upstairs, but since they were camping I had to bend the rules a little bite.

Photobucket
The kid's lunch. I needed to come up with something not so messy. So cheese and crackers, and some other goodies!!

The kids played upstairs all day. I was even asked to leave them alone, but it didn't stop me from going in from time to time to scare them by pretending I was a bear. ROAR!!!!

Since the kids had such a great time in the tent and they asked nicely, I let them actually sleep in the tent last night.




Photobucket

The tent all set up for the kids. Sleeping bags, pillows, dolls, and flashlights.
Photobucket


The kids ready for their big night "camping". Please don't ask where Speed Racer's shirt is. He is going through a phase...he doesn't want to wear a shirt to bed.

I told the kids that if the weather is nice on Friday we will pitch the tent outside for the day.

They are really looking forward to real camping this summer.
We're just practicing now!!!




Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails