Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tandy Cake Recipe

As I promised here is the recipe for the Tandy Cake:
Photobucket

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons margarine
1 1/4 cups peanut butter
12 oz of milk chocolate morsels
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch pan. Sift together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat on high speed of an electric mixer until light and lemon-colored. Beat in the flour mixture. Microwave milk and margarine about 2 minutes, or until it begins to bubble. Stir into batter.
3. Pour batter into 10x15 inch pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
4. When cake is cool, plop peanut butter all over and spread evenly to the edges. Refrigerate to set, about 1 hour.
5. In a microwave safe dish, melt chocolate and spread evenly over peanut butter layer. Refrigerate to allow chocolate to harden

The cake is sooo yummy!! I just realized that I should have made two because I need to bring a dessert to a party on Saturday. So I will be making another one on Friday!!



Today the kiddies and I went to the libary and TJ Maxx. I must be wishing for fall because I picked out a lot of fall books for the kids. When we went to TJ Maxx I bought an apple scented candle. We came home and lite the candle. The house smells sooo good.





It could also be the dinner I am making. If you want to know what I am making for dinner come back tomorrow to find out!!

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails