Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Master Bedroom

Remember a few weeks ago, I told you that decorating with prom gowns and other gowns are all the rave. Well I went straight down to my basement and dug up some of my old gowns.

I thought I would show you how I used them as decorations and give you a little tour of our bedroom.



Photobucket

Here is our bed. I have been asked not to have flower bedspreads. I try to honor that request. I try to stick to solid bedspreads. However, for Spring I decided on a ruffle bedspread.
At the foot of our bed is our ottoman from downstairs. It doesn't match our new sofa so I had Tommy move it upstairs for me. It gives us extra storage and a place to display our down comforter. This time of year can be cold one night and hot the other night.

Photobucket

I love pillows. I actually sleep with three pillows. I have a pillow that I've had since I was a  kid. I know gross, but I clean it and let it sit in the sun. I can't sleep without!!! I've tried!!!!




Photobucket

Where I store my pearls. Why should I put them away. They're too pretty to hide.

Photobucket

I just love the pearls in my turquoise pot. (Still obsessed with the color turquoise)


Photobucket

I like to have lavender next to me in bed just in case I have a hard time sleeping. I pick a sprig and rub it and then the lavender smell fills the air!!

Photobucket


See the turquoise is popping up everywhere in my house. I am even wearing it almost everyday too!!


Photobucket

Tommy's desk chair is now a storage place for our white linens. I haven't been able to wear those boots since before kids. I can't get rid of them so I use them as decorations!!!


Photobucket

Our fireplace. No it's not real!!! Our wing back chair is decorated with one of my prom dresses. I wore this my sophomore and senior year. Ballerina has already decided she will wear this gown to her prom. I am going to remind her that!!! LOL!!! I loved this dress.


Photobucket

Fireplace mantel. Ten years ago I decided I was going to collect vintage hats. I think I have four or five. This is one of my favorite hats. Perhaps, because it has some hydrangeas on the hat.



Photobucket

Another shot of my peach gown. I think I have always loved lace!!!


Photobucket

Our Spring/Summer curtains. I like light and sheer curtains. I don't like sleeping the day away in the warmer months. I am up at daybreak.


Photobucket

Tommy's desk. It's a secretary that we inherited along with most of all of our furniture. This gown I wore to my 8th grade dinner dance. I would actually wear this now if it fit. If I could sew I would make this two pieces and wear the top as a blouse and the bottom as a skirt!!
Also in this picture is a picture of me and my brothers. To the left of that picture is a picture of my Maternal Grandmother-Bubbie.



Photobucket

I used this old gate to display and store my necklaces. I love to accessorize!!!


Photobucket

Our french settee. We inherited this from Nana's sister in law (along with all the other furniture in our room and house). I really like the chair. For many years I couldn't stand the color and material. But now I am obsessed with the color I want to move this piece downstairs. For now it holders my pearls.


Photobucket

Here is another gown. I wore this to my prom senior year. For some reason I wanted a cream color dress.
Tommy seems to be ok with all the dresses on display. He was a little skeptical at first thinking we would wake up in the middle of the night thinking someone was there. But I displayed them in a way that it wouldn't look like a person.

Photobucket

This is a mirror that Tommy gave me as my wedding present. As if marrying him wasn't enough of a gift for me. When Tommy and I first met as friends he broke my hand held peach mirror. I was so afraid that I would have 7 years of bad luck. Guess what I didn't!! I had seven years of pure bliss with Tommy. On our wedding day he had someone give me this and a little note that said "I promised you I would replace that mirror that I broke seven years ago."He's such a romantic guy!!!
I can't wait to give him a big smooch tonight when he gets home.


Photobucket
Here is a picture of our armoir. It stores all of our toiletries and some of my many accessories.
On top I threw Ballerina's dance recital tutu from last year.

I know you are wondering where is Tommy's stuff ... well this isn't his blog. LOL!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed a little tour of our room!!!

Love,
Janine 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails