Thursday, April 14, 2011

Roses

This weekend we are hosting a pre-Passover Seder for my family. We haven't seen each other since January 1st. Too long!!!

Anyway, yesterday the kids and I headed out to the Lehigh Valley Area to do food shopping and some other errands.

While in that area, I stopped by Produce Junction. Cheap produce.

They also sell flowers for a great price.

I decided to get some flowers to decorate the house for the Passover Dinner.


There is seriously a lot of flowers. I got all these flowers for $8.00!!!


I am not planning to make the arrangements until Friday afternoon. Ballerina is looking forward to helping me. Should be so much fun!!!


All of these flowers remind me of a time that Tommy and I picked over 100 tulips from my neighborhood.

It was after our freshman year in college, I think it was our first weekend home for summer vacation. Tommy and I had already gone to a dinner and movie. It was probably 11:00 pm and we were use to staying up really late so we were trying to decide what to do next. We were just driving around in my Dodge Charger, when I pulled over, got out of the car, and picked a tulip. Well picking that tulip led to driving around and taking turns getting out of the car and picking tulips. My car was full of tulips. It was the funniest thing to us. It was after 1:00 when we decided to call it quits and go back to my house. After we unloaded all the tulips we had to get them into water. So Tommy and I searched high and low looking through my Mom's cabinets for things to put the tulips in. It probably took another hour to arrange the tulips in their new vases.

The next morning when my family came downstairs they were surprised with a house full of tulips.
We all laughed about our little adventure and then we decided we were lucky that we didn't get caught.





We did not go into any one's yard to pick the flowers we picked them from common areas of the development.

To this day tulips is something that brings a smile to my face. That is why I LOVE the flowers so much.

Picking over a hundred flowers and taking a security guard's golf cart for a joy ride (from Fairleigh Dickinson) was one of the worse things I've ever done. That is a story for a different time!!!!!

I know I am a Miss Goody Two Shoes!!! That's why Tommy and I fit together so well!! HAHAHAHA


These roses fell off their stems. Rather then throw them out I filled up a bowl of water and placed the flowers in the bowl. Instant centerpiece for the coffee table.

Check back next week to see how Ballerina and I arranged the flowers.

I will be busy cooking  and spreading the rest of my ten yards of mulch over the next couple of days. So I wish you all a very Happy Weekend!!!

I'm hoping that they are wrong about the weekend weather!! My favorite local Flea Market opens this weekend!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails