Wednesday, March 23, 2011

More Sprucing Up for Spring and Timber

Yesterday, I decided to do a little spring cleaning on the antique coat rack. I thought it could use a little Spring Sprucing up.

This coat rack is like a catch all. We just throw random things on it!! It drives me crazy!!
I clear it off.

Then I cleaned  one of my favorite pieces of furniture.

After it was all clean. I started sprucing it up. I love wicker bag especially in the spring. I also love lace.
My recent thrift buy the LL Bean bag is holding the kid's library books. The wicker bag is holding all my magazines that I need to go through. I added flowers to wicker bags. I spruced up a dollar store hat with some burlap, lace, and flowers. I added a light blue shawl from Greece. Thanks to my Mama in Law. (I accidentally typed Mama but I kind of like it and want to see what she thinks) LOL!!!


The lace swag is actually my favorite table cloth. I thought I would display it there so it doesn't get ruined by the monsters that live in my house!!!

We had some trees removed from our yard yesterday. One of them needed to be removed before it fell on the neighbor's house. The other was just dead and full of poison ivy. We also wanted to remove some branches that were over the kids play set.


Here he is climbing up the tree and cutting down the branches.

I was so nervous watching him especially with that brace on his leg. Oy Vey!!

See the squirrel's nest. Right after I snapped this picture the squirrel came out saw the guy and flew off the tree and landed on the ground. The squirrel jumped at least 25 feet.

He left the nest there because they were not in the mood to get attacked by squirrels. Don't blame them!!


Hope you have a great day!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails