Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Library



I have to admit to y'all that growing up I hated to read!! It was just something that I did not want to do. I did however love to read Judy Blume books.
I like to read a little bit more now as an adult. I have set the goal for myself to read at least one book a month.

The real reason for this post is this...several weeks ago the kids started to ask to go to the library. I thought that this was very strange. Where did they get this from? Tommy and I don't frequent the library. We usually buy books from Border's or another book store.

I took the kids to the library and they had a great time playing with the puzzles, a puppet house, and talking to the other kids. When we left the library, the kids asked when can we go back. I looked at them and thought to myself. Where did these kids come from? If I would have asked my parents to take me to the library they would have had a heart attack!! I'm not KIDDING!!!

We went back to the library and the kids had a great time again. We picked out books and they kept asking when can we read the books? I think it's great that they like to read and want to go the library. While we were at the library I asked the librarian if the kids could get a library card. She said "but of course". The kids were so excited!!!! The library clerk handed the kids their new cards and they didn't know what to do with it. I suggested that we go to the dollar store and pick up a new wallet. We went and Ballerina picked out her wallet. We couldn't find one for Speed Racer but I remembered that he already had one at home. So now the kids have a library card and a wallet.

Yesterday we headed back to the library to get more books. The kids had their back packs on and they were ready to go. Ballerina knows that we go to the library every other Tuesday. She really looks forward to the trip. As we drive over I ask the kids what books they would like to get and they tell me. I also look for books that would interest them.

The kids asked for Dr. Seuss books, Diego book, and Blue's Clues Book. I picked out books about Father's Day, 4th of July, Max and Ruby. I also picked out a Fancy Nancy book (I am trying to get Ballerina into Fancy Nancy) I also got Ballerina a "Baseball Ballerina" book.

When we came home, Ballerina sat herself on the sofa and took out her books. She opened up the "Baseball Ballerina" book and started to read. Melt my heart!!!!

I am so happy that the kids love the library and to read. I owe a much thanks to Little Bill for getting the kids interested in the library. If you don't know who Little Bill is, he's Bill Cosby! Thanks Bill





Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails