Monday, June 14, 2010

Flea Market Finds

As I mentioned yesterday, my parents and I headed to the Saylorsburg Flea Market. I try to go there once a month. To see what is going on and help stimulate the economy. LOL!!! My goal for this trip was to find things for my laundry room/craft room. I want to find containers to store my supplies. So take a seat put your feet up and see what I found!!


Photobucket


I found this big vintage tin for 75 cents!! I have plans to store my borax in here!!

Photobucket
I dug through some blocks to spell out our last name!! I thought it was a clever idea. I found two vintage towels that I thought I could use as a window valance or pillow covers!

Photobucket
I'm a sucker for a chicken or is it a rooster. I started collecting them years ago and stopped, but now that I want to have a barn theme. I might just pull them out!!!

Photobucket
I found this little glass jar that I plan to put above the washer and dryer. It will collect all the coins I find in the washer. Who says it doesn't pay to do laundry. When it is full I will treat myself to a manicure.

Photobucket
This is an old ice bucket. It was the first thing I saw when walked into the flea market. I love the colors!!! I love the poppies on the front!! I am going to put our laundry detergent in this!!


Photobucket
I found this vintage towel too. Do you notice a color scheme? My room will be painted white. Red will be the big color accent. I will also use the blue, green, and yellow as small accents.

Photobucket

Here is everything together. Can't you just see it on a shelf over my washer and dryer?!
Now for a funny story!!
Yesterday, I was making the kid's lunch. I could hear them upstairs in my room. I heard them playing house. I figured they were playing mommy and daddy. Their new thing!!
I called them down for lunch and I heard heels on the floor. I yelled "Ballerina are you suppose to be wearing Mommy's shoes"? She said "Mommy I'm wearing my shoes". I walked to the family room and saw this;

Photobucket
Speed Racer wearing my shoes. I love how he put together these shoes. I decided not to say anything to him. If he wants to wear my shoes so be it. I always dressed my brothers up as girls and they turned out right. I think that it helps boys understand women. That's why they are good husbands. So you two girls (you know who you are) Either your welcome or I'm sorry!! HAHA.
Have a great day!!
Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails