Friday, June 18, 2010

Father's Day Week

I think that I subconsciously didn’t blog about Father’s Day all week. I won’t bore you with the details or my problems!!

Today, the kids and I were wrapping all the Father’s Day gifts and filling out some last minute cards and started to think about my Daddy!!!

I my be a grown woman but I am still Daddy’s little girl!! Growing up I always thought that I was so lucky to have a cool Dad. My dad could do anything and everything. When people would compare whose Dad was the best I always won.



My Dad became a father long before I came into the picture. At the age of sixteen my father’s dad died of a heart attack. My father dropped out of high school and got a job to help my Nana support his sister and brother.

Some of the best things about my father is that he is laid back, has a great sense of humor, and very young at heart.

When I was a teenager and I was going on my first date, my Dad thought it would be awesome if he would embarrass me by dressing up like a hill billy . He put on a pair of shorts, cowboy boots, and a weird hat and came to my room and told me that he was ready to meet my date. I looked at him and I was mortified!! He got by brothers to dress up funny too. Guess that was better then him answering the door with a shot gun. He did change his clothes right before my dad came to get me.

One of my favorite things that my father would say to me was you better hope that nothing ever happens to your mother because I will take you to Kmart and buy your clothes at the blue light special. Again mortified!!! In high school I went to several homecomings and proms which would require a new dress and my father was always happy to suggest that we try going to Kmart to buy my dress. So it was no surprise to me that when I was shopping for my wedding gown my Dad suggested that we try Kmart!!!

My father had his own business, worked very hard all by himself. He would come home and spend time with us or when we had an activity my Dad was ALWAYS there. To this day my Dad is always there for me, Tommy, and our kids!!! He is a role model to us and someone that we are fortunate to have in our life. He is someone that we can depend on, help us out with any project, give us great solid advice, and be a GREAT father and grandfather that any family could have!!!! Thanks Daddy for all you do for us!!!




Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails