Thursday, April 8, 2010

Snack Time

We went to NJ yesterday to get the kids sneakers and basketballs. I had Sport Authority cash and the closest one is in NJ. The plan was to get in and out of NJ fast and early so the kids could have some time playing outside in the morning. On the way home the kids were asking for their snack. I had the idea of going to a little farm stand in PA, well actually it's more of a bakery. I happen to think it's the best place to get pie in the area. So I thought that the kids could get a cookie and we could sit by the creek having a delicious snack. All was good until my little diva saw chocolate and the melt down began. I finally convinced her to get a apple cider donut. She seemed happy with the donut.


This little gem is located off Route 80 exit 310. I don't know if you can see it on the sign but you can go and get a hot dog and a slice of apple or pumpkin pie for $2.49. That's a bargain!! Remember it's good pie!!! I think that they raised the price because I thought it was $1.49 last summer.


They are now trying to sell everything local which is a great thing!! They have picnic tables all over the place to enjoy some goodies!


Cherry Blossom trees. I thought that they looked so inviting.




My little toots striking a pose. This is post melt down!! My little man was not in the mood to get his picture taken.





The creek and the peaceful waterfall. The kids got to throw rocks into the water and I got to watch them and listen to the running water. Running water is something that totally relaxes me.




My little toots throwing a rock.







My little man eating his apple cider donut!!


I think that this will become a weekly tradition for us. We can go for a hike first and then a sweet treat.


I need to remember to put the suntan lotion in the car!!


We love this weather!!!


XOXOXOXO

Janine






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails