Monday, November 21, 2011

Rainbows

 

I can't believe that it's already Thanksgiving.

It has been crazy around here. So much going on!!

We celebrated the kid's 5th Birthday.

We surprised them by taking them to Great Wolf Lodge for their birthday.

I don't have any pictures to share from that, because I didn't want my camera getting wet.

We had a blast and the kids were so excited.

We had a little immediate family party. We were going to just celebrate their birthday by taking them to the Great Wolf Lodge, but they got upset when they found out they would not be celebrating their 5th Birthday with their Grandparents, Uncle, Aunts, and cousins.

So I thought fast on my feet and decided to have a rainbow party. I try to come up with gender neutral themes. Maybe rainbows isn't gender neutral but we all love colors.

 

001

I blew up about 60 balloons myself. I broke it up between two nights.

002

The kids wanted a lot of decorations. I tried to meet their expectations. I think I did!!

 

003

The centerpiece was Skittles. “Taste the Rainbow.”

I thought since we were doing a rainbow theme we could have coloring, painting, and making necklaces out of Fruit Loops.

004

I made a table skirt out of table clothes that I cut into strips. My Dad helped me out by taping them around the table.

  005 - Copy

009

My niece M. I made each of the girls a rainbow tutu.

010

Ballerina and my other niece O. They play together so nicely!!

013

My niece M decided that my pantry need re-organizing. A girl after my heart!!

018

Speed Racer requested that I make him something with a rainbow so I made him a bow tie!! He really liked the tie.

 

015

 

017

016

The kids sitting around the table painting.

 

019

My sweet niece O who just celebrated her second birthday!!021

031023024

We had a piñata and the kids (Speed Racer and Ballerina) had a blast trying to break it open. Ballerina smacked the piñata open. She has her Daddy’s swing!! The funny thing about piñatas these days is they have string you pull at to open the piñata. I would have never known that unless my Sister N Law told. Thanks Auntie Ammy!!

032

033

O modeling her tutu.

036

O thought to herself she is in the Poconos, she might as well ride a quad like all the red-necks out here.

034

The Birthday Girl.

My kids had a great time celebrating with their family. They love their family so much!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails