Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Treat, A Lamp Story, and Some Art Work

One of the kid's favorite television shows has a song that they sing. It goes a little something like this....
"I don't like candy corn
No, I don't like candy corn
I love lots of other things but I don't like candy corn."-It goes on and on but I love this song because I don't like candy corn unless...


It's mixed with peanuts. I saw this someplace about a month ago and I tried some at the Halloween Party at the campground. I decided to make us some for snack today. I don't usually let the kids have candy for snack but I thought I would give them a treat.
It tastes like a Pay Day candy bar. Yummy!!!

Several weeks ago, Speed Racer broke Ballerina's lamp.
She needed a new lamp and I looked around for one for several weeks.
Last week I was down in my basement and found this lamp.


I kind of like it, but it's wouldn't go in Ballerina's room.

So I decided to try and make something to fit in her room. I spent $3.00 to fix it up.

I spray painted the base white and bought two yard of pink tulle. I also added one of Ballerina's old tutus underneath.

She loves it!!! I only spent $3.00 and I got one more thing out of my basement.

Ballerina also got a little art work hung up in her room the other day.

There it is over her bed. Tommy drew this picture from a picture I took of Ballerina when she was three months old. It was taken while we were at the outlets on President's Day. Tommy drew the picture several years ago, but I recently framed it for Tommy and Ballerina.

I remember this day like it was yesterday!! How the time has gone by soooo fast!!!

I love when Tommy does art work. I can see it brings him happiness and peacefulness. That makes me happy.
 He recently started and finished this picture in a matter of a month or so. He finished this piece on Saturday and I immediately went to the store and bought a frame and hung it up!!


Sorry about the glare!! It's a picture of Maine.
When I look at this picture it makes me feel so relaxed, almost like I do when I'm in Maine.

Thanks for Stopping By.


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails