Monday, March 21, 2011

Sprucing up for Spring

Spring is here but someone forgot to inform Mother Nature because when we woke up this morning we had about three inches of snow!!
I am feeling a little tired and lazy today so we are only hanging around the house on this snowy Monday.

  In honor of spring I am s-l-o-w-l-y beginning to clean!

However, as I clean that area I am sprucing up the house for spring!!

Here is what I have done so far....

It wouldn't be spring without some jelly beans. This is one Easter candy that I don't mind having around because I am not really a fan of jelly beans.

This is to the right of my kitchen sink. I decided to add somethings that I love since I am always at the kitchen sink or in that area.

My Spring Candle. I am all about yellow so why wouldn't I have a lemon candle.
I also add a few drops of lavender essential oil when I feel a little stressed.


The kids planted some flowers at the Flower and Garden show last week. Since it's way to cold outside I thought I would put them on the kitchen window.

My little cabinet spruced up for spring. I put away all the darker colors.

Ballerina helped me decorate this shelf with some more jelly beans, a little birdie, and Max and Ruby. They really aren't Max and Ruby but she thinks so and that's ok with me!!!

An old vintage hat that I like to think was some lovely ladies Easter Bonnet.

I have my turquoise mason jars out with some vintage silverware.

A White Vintage dress that was my mother's when she was a baby.

The Bunnykins plate was actually mine when I was little.

The China Cabinet. I replaced all my pink depression plates with these lovely yellow china plates that were my Nana's. They were all wrapped up and I thought they should be displayed since I am all about YELLOW!!

Our pink glasses that we have our morning juice in.

The dining room table lined with a vintage runner and vintage napkins.

The vintage napkins that I got for $3.75 for six napkins. They are in perfect condition.

Stay tuned I will keep posting the ways I have spruced up for Spring!!!!

All my cleaning lately seems to be sweeping 3-4 times a day because our dog Bing is shedding ALOT!!!!
I can't stand it!!!



I hope you had a great day!!

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails