Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Junk Drawer Organization

On Sunday, Tommy asked me if we could go to the Outlets. I nearly fell off my seat. Tommy wanted to go to the outlets!! I was shocked and agreed to go in a hurry before he changed his mind. Tommy wanted to get new shoes. Not only did he get a pair of shoes he got three pairs of shoes.

On the way out the door I ran to my junk drawer to look for some coupons for The Children's Place.

When I opened the drawer this is what I saw...
Needless to say I couldn't find the coupons so I was not going to buy anything in The Children's Place.






Yuck. I vowed to myself to take care of this drawer first thing Monday morning. I clean this drawer every other month and it ends up a mess within a few weeks!!

The kids and I hit the road and headed to the dollar store to pick up some items to help me organize the drawer.

When we came home I immediately opened the drawer and got to work.


Please don't judge us because of our messy drawer.


I took everything out of the drawer and organized everything into a category. I cleaned the inside of the drawer with some Windex. I love the smell of Windex. I know I'm weird!!!

I purchased all these containers for $3.00.  The containers on the left came in a pack of three. The baskets in the middle came two in a package, the other package which is actually snack food container came with 5 containers.
My goal for the Dollar Store was to think of things that would work for us and that drawer.

Taaa Dah!!!!!

Doesn't it look so much better? There is a place for everything and everything is in it's place!!

The snack containers holds: Hair Clips for me and Ballerina, sticky tabs, plug caps, paper clips, and thumb tacks.

I used an old index card holder to corral the items listed.


Pencils have their own holder, scissors  have their own holder, and now everything for our nail care is in a holder.

 I feel so much better about our junk drawer. Maybe I will rename it to our household drawer.

While, we were at the Dollar Store I notice these little cuties!! I had to get them for some decorations.

Mr. Rabbit


Mrs. Rabbit holding my favorite flower a tulip!!

I also found some other items at the dollar store to make this wreath.


No, I haven't painted the front door yet. It's still too cold here!!

On another note. Today I went to make a salad and this is what I found.

Just a few pieces of lettuce. I thought to myself why didn't the last person (you know who you are) use all the lettuce. What am I really going to do with this lettuce?
It's a trend here. This person will also put back a empty bottle of ketchup and coffee mate.
I will tell you it's not me, the kids, or the dog. Have you guessed who it is?

Seriously?!?!?!?!?

Have a great day!!



Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails