Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hanukkah


Well, it's that time of year again!! Hanukkah is here!! The kids are so excited for their presents.
Last year told the kids that Hanukkah Harry brings them gifts. Hanukkah Harry is a SNL character. It's better for them to think someone else is bring them underwear. Otherwise I will hear Mommy I told you I wanted that Tonka Truck. This way we can say Harry must think you need that underwear. LOL!!! Plus they wanted to know why Jewish people don't have a Santa.


I told the kids that only Jewish adults can see and talk to Harry. I also told them that Daddy can't talk to him because Daddy is not Jewish.

This worked out the other day when Speed Racer decided that Tommy should go and hang Christmas Lights outside. I told Speed Racer that I needed to check with Harry. I called Harry and he told me no!! Speed Racer accepted this!!!

I know that I am wrong for doing this but it works for us!!! I think I need to seek the help of a rabbi!!

Yesterday I took the kids to a Christmas Store and they had a melt down that Hanukkah was starting tomorrow night and we didn't have a tree. I had to explain to them in a store that we don't really need a tree for Hanukkah all we need is a menorah. I explained that we get a tree for Daddy!!

We went to another store and the lady asked them if they were ready for Christmas. Ballerina said "well we are Jewish and we help others celebrate Christmas. We are waiting for Hanukkah Harry!!


Decorations!!

I just love that they have Hanukkah decorations. When I was little they didn't have decorations and that really angered me.

I just love to decorate!!

Come back tomorrow to see what Harry brought the kids and our Hanukkah craft!!


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails