Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Brooklyn

Several weeks ago the kids and I headed to NY for a day trip with our cousins G and Becky (we can't call him a baby anymore because he's 1).

Our trip began with ME driving to the Bronx. I am very nervous driving in the city with the kids. I knew that as long as I had the Yankee stadium in view I was golden. However, I drove right by the stadium and ended up in an area that didn't look familiar to me. I saw the street that Becky lives on and immediately turned left. I drove down this road for a while and eventually saw her apartment building. I turned in there and parked in the garage.

Becky and I walked down the street to the subway and boarded the train to Brooklyn. We were headed to the aquarium. After talking about the aquarium for a bit I realized that we were actually going to Coney Island. I was so excited because I have always wanted to go to Coney Island. I don't know why I have always wanted to go there but I was excited.

The train ride was over an hour long but all three kids were well behaved. We finally reached our destination and we walked to the aquarium.

Our first order of business was the bathroom. Of course the bathroom was downstairs so we had to go down in shifts!! But we managed!!!

We walked around the aquarium for awhile. The kids were a little restless but they were good considering our long journey to get to the aquarium.


The Penguin hanging out on the cliffs.


This seal lion was laying down and I started taking pictures. I swear that this sea lion got up and posed for me.


The huge aquarium that we hung out at while we all had a potty break.



The fish are so colorful and relaxing to watch.

I could have stood here all day watching these incredible creatures.
I love the shape of this fish.


This is the area where Ballerina was introduced to a blacklight. She thought it was the coolest thing that her white shirt was now a cool blue.


Ballerina on a walrus.

Sea Horse.

At least someone in our family is not afraid of sharks. We took this picture for Daddy.


This is the entrance to the amusement park at Coney Island.


The Cyclone. How cool!!!!



At least I can say that I at least saw the Cyclone. I wish I could have taken a ride on this historic landmark.


Had I not packed my lunch I would have had my lunch from here!! Oh well next time!!


It was so cool exploring this area. I always enjoy spending time with Becky and Baby G. They make every activity a little extra special!!!
XOXOXX,
Janine

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails