Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Dirty Little Secret and Eggplant Parm

I'm going to tell you a little secret. Come close and listen very closely. I don't own a mop. I own a Swiffer Mop!! I am like the lady on the commerical who threw away her mop. My other secret is I don't buy the Swiffer wipes or cleaning solution anymore. I've make my own!! I know I am brilliant. I am doing something economical and good for the environment.

This is my Swiffer.


It takes a lot of muscle and elbow grease to un-screw the cap.




I went to the Dollar Store and bought some microfiber towels.



Cut them down to size of the Swiffer base and stick them on the bottom and start cleaning! When done cleaning throw it in the wash and and use again and again!!





My cleaning solution is my favorite Mrs. Meyer's All Purpose Cleaner. I add 1/4 cup of Mrs. Meyers, a capful of Murphy Oil Soap, and fill the bottle up with water. Then shake and insert back into the Swiffer unit.





Just for you guys I made my own label! I know LOSER!!! I have been using this for months and love it!! I will not go back to the Swiffer stuff again.

Yesterday the kids and I went to Race's Farm to pick some eggplants. It was so much fun because the fields were mud!! I was slipping and sliding all over the place. Ballerina was the only smart one who put on boots. Such a smart cookie!

Once we got in the car I was dreaming about what I was going to make with the eggplant. I really wanted to make eggplant Parmesan but it's too hot and heavy for the summer. So I thought about making an eggplant parmesan salad.
Everything in this salad is LOCAL!!
I used lettuce of course, grilled the eggplant on the Bar B Que, yellow grape tomatoes, fresh mozarella cheese, and I made my own croutons which was suppose to be like the breading on the eggplant. I threw in some basil and made my own balsamic vinegarette with lots of garlic. I will be making this again and again. Next time I will throw in some parmesan cheese!!!

Sorry I have been so absent lately!! It's been hard with the kids activities, going to the pool, and taking care of the house. I am back for now!!

Hope you are having a great day!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails