Thursday, June 24, 2010

It has been so hot here!! I can't believe that it's only June!! These hot days remind me of the dog days of August. The kids and I have been going to the pool which has a spray park. I figure that the kids would love to play in all the sprinklers. I told them that we would save the pool for the weekends when Daddy is with us. I get nervous when it's just me at the pool with the kids.
Then I got to thinking, why am I nervous. I was a lifeguard and I am trained in CPR and First Aid. I also taught kids their age how to swim. I was a life guard at a day camp and watched hundreds of kids swim. So why couldn't I take care of my two little kids in the pool?
So yesterday I took them into the pool. The kids played on the steps. Princess kept asking me to take her swimming, but I couldn't leave Speed Racer even though he wouldn't move from the steps.
I taught Princess to doggy paddle and she was getting very good at paddling, but she was getting bored not moving anywhere. So I put her noodle around her and held onto her until she asked me to let go. GULP!!!! I took a deep breath and let her go....let's just say she is just like her Mommy, she LOVES to swim. She could not move fast enough and not get far enough from the steps.
I managed to get Speed Racer to come in the water with me and float in my arms. Speed Racer is a little nervous in the water so he grabs my bathing suit. I think I might need to get a swimming top so he can't flash everyone my stuff!!
I love that the kids want to be at the pool. When I was growing up we were at the pool all day. We would get there at 11:00 and stay until dinner time or sometimes when the pool closed!! Those were the days.
Yesterday, we got to the pool at 12 stayed until 2 went home for the kids nap. Went back to the pool and stayed until 6.
Here is the spray park!!

Princess enjoying the water!!

Princess all soakin wet!!


Speed Racer taking a rest

I think that I am going to love the summer. Free entertainment for the kids. What's better then that?

What are your plans to keep cool?




Photobucket
s

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails