Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some of My Weekend Finds

This past weekend, I got lucky and had some time to go thrifting. Tommy worked from home on Friday, so while the kids were napping I went shopping.

I stopped at my favorite thrift shop called the Second Story. The owner has done a wonderful job making it seem more like a little boutique. Sometimes I have to remind myself that it's a thrift shop. She always remembers me and asks about the kids. This visit I realized that she had vintage linens in her china cabinet drawers. So I went to town. She helped me go through some other drawers. It was so much fun. I then went to the Salvation Army. I found three things there which I will post on Friday. On Sunday, Tommy allowed me to out by myself. I went to a little Flea Market in Warren County, NJ and found a lot of great things.

I found this step stool for $5.00. I bought it because my little guy always likes to help me in the kitchen, so I thought I would get this so he doesn't need to bring out the bathroom stool.

I'm in the process of painting it right now.


I bought the runner and oval plate from my favorite thrift shop. The flowers are from our garden.


I just loved this white coat rack. I'm going to hang it up by the back door for hats and other outside necessities.


The toy chest I found for $5.00 too. I figure for that price how could I not buy it. It has some butterflies and hearts painted on it, but nothing a fresh coat of paint won't hide. I am always looking for storage solutions. This is perfect.

I found this little cute pillow cover and I knew that I had the perfect pillow at home for it and for a dollar it was mine.

I just love a bargain. I got some more great things, that I'll post later this week.

Tomorrow will be my 100th post. Wow!!!

Hope you have a great day!!

Love and Hugs,

Janine

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails