Monday, May 31, 2010

Re-Cap of Our Memorial Day Weekend

I have to say that we had a great Memorial Day Weekend. Tommy took the day off on Friday to get some time to himself. He had a great time golfing, fishing, going to the bookstore, and smoking cigars. The kids and I stayed home and spent half a day with my father. My Dad and I worked in the garage doing the electric wiring. I got my first experience with fiber glass. I was itching for two days. I was so tired from doing all that work that Tommy took us out for pizza.



On Saturday, we thought it would be a good idea to stick together since my little guy wanted to go watch his sister in dance class. We went to the Farmer's Market, Ballet, food shopping, and Lowe's. Let's just say we all had our melt downs on Saturday. I decided that I needed to go out by myself for an hour. It was around 2:30ish and I thought I would hit some yard sales. I stopped at a church that was having a flea market. I saw a couple of things that I liked but didn't want to spend that much. A man came up to me and said that I could fill up a brown bag for (sit down) $1.00. I was so excited. They were closing the flea market in a half hour. I proceeded to several other yard sales. I spent $4.50 for all my findings. I was so excited!!!




Sunday we left bright and early to head to the Bronx to go meet the Moore Family at the Bronx Zoo. After we found each other we had a great time seeing lots of animals and very interesting people. We had a great time at the zoo that we promised ourselves that we would do it again by buying a one year membership. We get to go to several zoos and aquariums in NYC. We can't wait. After a great day at the zoo we headed home to see Gared and Lauren. They had some shrimp and cold beers waiting for us. It was a nice evening spending time with my baby brother and his wife.




Today we had a nice breakfast. Since Tommy and I had someone here to watch the kids we headed to Home Depot to buy fiberglass for the garage. We decided to take the kids to the camper to spend time with my parents, Gared, and Lauren. Tommy and I really needed some time together without the constant interruption of the kiddies. Tommy fished a little bit while I looked through magazines. We walked to a place near the camper for a nice lunch. We came home and we all took a nap. We ended the very nice weekend with ice cream from our favorite ice cream stand. It was a great weekend even with the whining and crying!!


Love and Hugs,

Janine

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails