Monday, May 17, 2010

Big Project

Tommy and I have come to the conclusion that we need more space. We need an area where the kids can play with their toys and make a mess and not drive me crazy. Tommy wants an office that he can work when he needs to work from home. He would also like a area to create art work. I would like an area where I can pull out clothes from the dryer and immediately iron it. I would like the area to have my sewing machine set up, so I can sew anytime.


The obvious answer would to be to finish the basement. Well, we thought about that but I have some concerns. I am very worried about mold and I am tired of lugging our laundry up two flights of stairs. I also want to be able to cook in the kitchen and have the kids close by. After much discussion we have decided to convert our garage into living space.


Yes we will be losing the garage, but its not like we are parking our cars in the garage. We have a lot of crap in the garage.

Tommy had asked someone to give him a price for our garage, but when I got Tommy alone I told him...(Ready for this, sit down and don't laugh)


I want to do the garage. He looked at me like I was crazy. I told him that I want to learn how to how to do remodel. You might wonder how the hell I am going to do that. Well I happen to have the best teacher around!! My Daddy!! In my eyes, my dad is the best and I watched him all my life remodel things and now I want him to teach me. My brothers had the opportunity to learn from my father in all of their home improvements, now want the same opportunity too!!



Just like I tell my kiddies all the time it's not a girl or a boy thing. If anyone puts their mind to it they can do it!! I want to show my little girl that fixing things is not a boy thing!!



So my first step is to clean out the garage. My goal for the week is to get that taken care of. We have so much stuff!! I plan to trash a lot and and make a pile of stuff that I can either donate or sell.







I know the garage is a mess and we have a lot of crap!! We have like 5 strollers!! The kids don't need them anymore, so I don't know why I am keeping them.
We usually clean the garage once or twice in the fall and spring. We haven't cleaned it yet for spring, but I am doing it now.
I made a lot of progress today. I will post after pictures of the clean up later this week!!

Hope you all had a great Monday!!
Love and Hugs,
Janine












No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails