Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Yup you are reading that right. I made my own laundry detergent. I have been waiting for several months to do this.

I usually buy a lot of laundry detergent when it's on sale. I just ran out today. Lucky for me I bought all the ingredients to make my own on Sunday.





It's just three ingredients. I'm not too sure about the Ivory Soap. I don't care for the smell of it. We'll see how it cleans the clothes.



You have to grate the Ivory soap. I had this grater that was rusty so now I'll us it to grate soap for the laundry detergent.
Each batch yields 16 ounces.
1 bar of shaved bar soap (
Ivory, ZOTE, Fels-Naptha)
1/2 cup of
borax
1/2 cup of
washing soda
Thoroughly stir together for 5 minutes and enjoy the results! That’s it folks…seems too good to be true, but it is true indeed!
I tripled the recipe.
I always have borax around the house to help boost my towels and linens.
XOXOXOXO,
Janine

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails