Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Big Change

I have been painting for three days now. I am covered in paint. I am happy to say that I am done with painting for this project.

Today, I spent the day sanding, priming, and painting my dresser. This dresser has been with me for over 30 years. I have loved this dresser and I have hated it too. As a little girl I loved it, I had a lot of storage for all my knick knacks. Then as I got older (teenager) I hated it because I felt that it took up most of my room. Thinking about it now, my parents probably planned it that way so I wouldn't have posters plastered on my wall. I'll have to remember that trick!! HAHA!!!!


When I moved out after college I took the dresser with me because Tommy and I couldn't afford a new dresser. When we moved into our house I still took the dresser with me and put it into the guest room. (Still not having the money).


I have now past it down to the kids. We can afford to buy furniture, but lets face it...they don't make furniture like they use to. So I decided to give the dresser new life.

Here is a picture of the dresser before. You will have to wait till the weekend to see the after photo.




You shouldn't be able to see them before the kiddies!! The kids are so excited for their new room and big boy and big girl beds.

If you guessed Beach theme you are correct!! The kids don't know yet. They see me working on projects and keep asking what are you doing and I tell them "you have to wait till Friday."
I am super excited to go in their room and decorate!! I don't know if I will be able to sleep Thursday night. I know I'm a dork!!
Stay tuned for the big reveal!!!
XOXOXO!!!
Janine

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails