Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Run



Today was my first run of the New Year.

I plan on running a 5k and a half marathon.

I am so excited because I've had some people want to run with me!!!

Yippy!!!!!

My Aunt Lady Di (Tommy's maternal aunt) will be running the 5k with me in April for the Susan G Komen.
(I love making up knick names for people to protect their identity.)

My brother Gav will be running the half marathon with me in the fall!! (Even though it was New Years Eve and we were happily buzzed and having a great time, I am holding him to it.)

 I dropped the kids off at school and headed to Wal-Mart.

I wanted to get a phone arm band to wear while I am running.

Once I made my purchase I headed over to ESU for my run.


It was very cold!!! My face was freezing but after awhile my face either got use to the coldness or just became numb!!

By the end of the run I was sweating!!

Looking at the field and blue sky I kind of thought it was Spring.



I had on my new kicks Asics!! Nice and comfy.
I put on Pandora 80's Cardio Radio and started running/walking.

I recently downloaded AllSport GPS on my phone.

It tracks everything.
Today the AllSport told me I ran/walked for 17:36 with max speed 5.1 mph.

I have another app that I will try on Friday.

After the run I treated myself to water, clementines, and a hand full of nuts.

I had a lot of energy and felt pretty good!!!

Tomorrow, I will do some light weight training.

That's the update for my first run!!

Have a great night!!




Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails