Wednesday, May 11, 2011

40 Things To Do Before I'm 40

Several years ago, Tommy and I made a bucket list. Our bucket list is mostly traveling to far away places and some other big things.

I recently realized that I'm not getting any younger and 40 is right around the corner. I will be 40 in 1 year and seven months, but whose counting?

I wanted to come up with some of things from my bucket list that I could do before I am 40.

I have given it a lot of thought. I want to share my list you because I want to hold myself accountable for my list.

The list is in no particular order.

1. Learn to knit.
2. Walk over the Brooklyn Bridge.
3. Run a 5K (Don't laugh-I already started training)!!!!
4. Run a Half Marathon.
5. Take Ballerina is see the Rockettes.
6. Ice Skate at Rockefellar Center.
7. Have a picnic in Central Park.
8. Take a Yoga class.
9. Take a Pilates class.
10. Take a Pottery Class.
11. Take the kids camping.
12. Walk the McDade Trail from Shawnee to Milford, PA.
13. Hike back to sunfish pond. (I've done this once but want to do it again.)
14. Take a meditation class.
15. Learn more about Judism.
16. Read all the Jane Austin Novels. (I'm a sucker for romance)
17. Take a photography class.
18. Try Fly Fishing. (Regular fishing seems boring to me but, fly fishing you stand in the water and constantly move your arms.)
19. Take a trip to Napa Valley.
20. Pick Blueberries in Maine.
21. Cook all the receipes from a famous chef's cookbook. (Any suggestions? I won't start this until the fall.)
22. Try skiing.
23. Take Speed Racer to see a Nascar Race. (We live in PA and the races take over our region twice a summer. I want to see what all the hype is.)
24. Try Cross-Country skiing.
25. Take Dancing lessons with Tommy.
26. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride.
27. Learn to Scuba Dive.
28. Go to a Drive In Movie Theatre.
29. Take a Cooking Class.
30. Paint a Landscaping picture.
31. Go Dog Sledding.
32. Go on a carriage ride in the snow.
33. Horseback Riding (preferably on the beach but I would ride on a nice trail with running water.)
34. RUN up the steps of the Philadelphia Art Musuem. (I know I must have done this as a child but I want to run up the steps as an adult.) Rocky Style!!!
35. Bike the whole island of LBI.
36. Go to the Jazz Festival in Delaware Water Gap.
37. Take the kids to see Lucy the Elephant. (South Jersey icon)
38. Go to the Hamptons.
39. Kayak or Canoe around the Statue of Liberty.
Now for the all time shocker. Some of you already know this about me but some of you don't know but my gift to myself for my 40th Birthday is to....
40. Drive in a Nascar Race Car. (I didn't know how much I wanted to do this until we took my Dad to do this for his retirement present.) When we drove onto the track at the Pennsylvania Raceway I got goose bumps and decided right then and there I would do this for my 40th Birthday.)
This shocks people because a lot of people think of me as a little prissy. I admit my younger self was prissy.

 But the older and wiser me wants to embrace life and enjoy every moment!!!!

Do you have a list of things you want to do? Any of them similar to mine. If so let me know we can do them together!!! I'd love the company!!!

Again, I am sharing this with you to actually help me achieve my goal!!!

I will be back to blogging!!!! I know you've missed me!!!

Love and Hugs,
Janine

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails