Monday, February 28, 2011

Orlando Trip Part 1

I'm baaaack!!!! I know it's been awhile and you are probably going through Janine withdraw!!! 

Several weeks ago I dropped my computer and it died!!! I had the computer for 5 years so we got a lot of use from it. My computer also had some keys taken off thanks to my son!!!

Before we left on vacation, we took advantage of the President's Day Sale and purchased a new computer!!! 

I don't know how I lived three weeks without a computer but I did. Ok, I do have internet access on my cell phone!!! 

As, many of you know we took a vacation this past week. Tommy got a new job, so in between jobs we thought we would take a vacation. So when we were deciding where to go, we decided Florida so we can spend a few days with Tommy's paternal grandfather and  go to Disney!!!

All this week I will be blogging about out trip to Orlando.

When planning this trip I looked around at different airports to travel from. We are about 1 1/2 hours from both Newark and Philadelphia. We also have the Allentown airport about 45 minutes away. I looked at the fare and found that the cheapest flights were from Philly. I also thought that it would be easy for us if I asked my father to drop us off and pick us up so we didn't have to worry about shuttle buses and parking with the kids. 

We decided that we were not going to tell the kids about the trip. We arrived at the airport and they were excited to be at the airport. However, when we told them that we were going to Florida they both started crying about not wanting to go to Florida on a plane. All the people around us were laughing and telling the kids that they would go in their place. It wasn't until we told them that we were going to see Great Grandpa that they were excited to go!!! Thank GOD!!!!!

We made our way to the gate and the kids made a friend with a little boy who was happy to inform the kids all the fun things Orlando has to offer them. 

We had an uneventful flight. However, the kids didn't care for their ear's popping.

Once we arrived in Orlando we hopped on a taxi to get our rental car. 

****Tip**** 
Never rent your car from the airport rental car places. They charge you twice to three times the amount as someplace away from the airport. We traveled three miles away and got a deal.


Not only did the kids have their first airplane ride but they had their first taxi ride too!!!

We arrived at Enterprise and I went in to fill out the paper work. While I was inside little did I know that Speed Racer was picking out the car he wanted. Speed Racer came in to tell me that we wanted the Dodge Challenger. I laughed and told him that wasn't happening. (Because we rented an Economy car). A few minutes later the lady at Enterprise told me that all the Economy cars are gone so we can choose one of three other cars. The Town and Country Mini-Van, Dodge Challenger, and I don't remember what the other option was because I said the Challenger and Tommy said the Mini-Van.
(I know shocking that it wasn't the other way around.) I said to Tommy we are on vacation and we should have fun and fun would be the Dodge Challenger!!! Of course I had Speed Racer on my side. 


The two door was a pain, but it was a lot of fun to drive and ride. We all had fun in the car!!

We had an hour and a half ride to Grandpa's house but it was all good.

We arrived right on time. We told him that we would be there at 5:00. For some reason he was shocked that we were actually there at 5:00. 

Grandpa had dinner ready for us. He made us beef stew which was so yummy!!! 

We took a nice walk to stretch our legs and to allow the kids to run around.



My two guys enjoying the sunshine and warm weather!! 

 So nice to see green and palm trees

 The lake that Grandpa's house sits on.

The kiddies running around like CRAZY!!!

The kids stopping for a picture!!

 So nice to see the kids happy being outside!!!

 Reaching for the palms!!

 Running back to Grandpa's house!!!

 Playing in the grass!!!

 Running from the alligator!!! Not really, I told a little lie!!

More little Palm Trees!!!

Ballerina stopping to smell the flowers!!!

Once we finished cleaning up after dinner we all hit the hay for another fun filled in Florida!!


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails