Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cookies and My New Favorite HGTV Show




Happy Tuesday!!!

On Sunday we finished our brownie muffins which meant that I needed to make dessert for the kids.

So, yesterday as I cleaned out the pantry, I came across some chocolate cake mix. I thought I should use it up, instead of making a cake or cupcakes I decided to open a cookbook that Nana gave me a few years ago.
"Cake Mix Magic In Minutes."
Basically it's recipes that use cake mixes.

I try not to give the kids a lot of sugar during the day, but we do give them a cookie for dessert with a glass of milk.

 I opened up the cookbook and flipped through the pages until I came across this recipe.
Devil's Food Fudge Cookies. Yummy!!!



Ingredients:

1 package of Moist Deluxe Devil's Food Cake Mix. (I didn't have Devil's Food Cake Mix so I used regular chocolate cake mix)

2 Eggs

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I didn't)

1. Preheat the oven 350* place parchment paper on cookie sheets.

2. Combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil in large bowl. Stir until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts. (Mixture will be stiff) Shape dough into 36 balls. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.

3. Bake at 350* for 10 to 11 minutes. (Cookies will look moist) Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove to cooling rack. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.




I recently came across this show on HGTV called "Cash and Cari."



With her razor sharp business sense and an eye for spotting diamonds in the rough, estate sale guru Cari Cucksey combs through her clients' basements, attics and garages in search of hidden treasure. And once she and her team have organized and priced the entire contents of the home, they hold an estate sale right on the premises. From antique furniture and vintage toys to retro electronics and rare cars, there's something for everyone, and everything must go!



The show is on Monday Nights at 10:00 on HGTV. I think that she might have my dream job!!




Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails