Tuesday, August 17, 2010

So Much

I have been such a slacker with my blog this summer. We have been sooooo busy. The first weekend in August Tommy, the kids, and I headed down to Maryland for the weekend. The kids spent the night at Grandma and Brad's house. Tommy and got some much needed ALONE time. It was so nice just to be by ourselves with no interuptions.
I think it's very important that married couples with kids get a way often.



Photobucket

We spent one day at the beach with our favorite babies. My little niece O and our favorite cousin G. My plan is to have these two kids married. (What, I'm jewish it's in my blood to be a match maker.)Plus I know that O would love her in laws and G would have a great time with his in-laws.


The day after the beach I realized I have no fruit or veggies in the house and I better get to the farmer's market. We loaded up on peaches and nectarines. I was so happy to see apples at the Farmer's Market!!! I bought some Ginger Gold apples they are so good!! I headed over to pick up Speed Racer's potraits that I had taken the week before. They came out GREAT!!! We had scheduled a play date with a little girl and her mommy. We always have so much fun with them!! I wish that we could see them more!!!
I finally had a couple of down days before the weekend started. To get caught up on housework.
On Saturday, I had some alone time and I went to paint some ceramics and had lunch with my mom. We did a little shopping too. I have been telling Tommy that I want a vintage bike with a basket for a few weeks now. Guess what I bought myself one on Saturday. Tommy was not too thrilled when I told him!! Then I showed it too him and he had a sigh of relief.


Don't you just love it. Can't you just see my riding it down the hill. Speed Racer thinks that it's a toy for him!!! I have it sitting above my laptop.
Sunday we headed to Up State NY for Baby G's baptism. It was such a nice event. It was pouring rain and took us almost five hours to get home but we had a great time.
Yesterday the kids and I hung around the house which we like to do on Mondays!!
Today, Ballerina has two sessions of ballet and I have to get the house in shape for some gentlemen that Tommy is entertaining tonight. He will have to fill you in, but I call them the Grand Poobahs. LOL!!!
You know me I have to make everything just right. I wanted to have something to offer them so I decided this morning to make Tandy Cake. It's like the Tasty Kakes Tandy Cake. My Nana use to make it all the time for us.

It is so good. I will share the recipe with you tomorrow. I am fighting the urge to raid the fridge. I will just have to wait until after my dinner and the Grand Poobahs leave. They better save me some!!! Look how cute they are playing on the beach together. They are already taking care of a baby together. (Don't we look very relaxed)

We returned home and Tommy had to go away for three days. We were all a little off for a few days!! I realized that summer was coming to an end, so I want to get as much done as possible.
Now you are up to speed on what's been happening here!!!
I can't believe that summer is almost done!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails