Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekend Update


Happy Flag Day!!!

I hope that you guys had a great weekend!! We had a quiet weekend which was nice!!
On Friday night Tommy bought me home a refreshing, tasty and sparkly treat...Presco. I love to have Presco from time to time.

The presco was nice. It was a little dry. I prefer dry wine, but when I have presco or champagne I like it to be a little sweeter. I added some home grown strawberries to the presco. It was very good. I highly recomend it. It was a little expensive for my taste, but I guess Tommy thought I deserved a treat!! Thanks honey!!




Saturday morning, Ballerina (new name for my daughter) and I headed to the Farmer's Market. We bought some more strawberries, garlic scapes, and cucumbers. If you love garlic you have to try garlic scapes. Garlic Scapes are the green plants that grow from the garlic bulbs. They are so good!!! Tommy and I first tried them several years ago and whenever they sell them we buy a bunch and make pesto.



This year, I made pesto and still had a lot of scapes left so I chopped it up and put it in a ice cube trays and popped into the freezer so I can add it to marinades, salad dressings, soups, stews, and sauces.





After the Farmer's Market Ballerina and I headed to dance class. Tommy and Speed Racer (new name for my son) stayed home and worked on their honey do list. Tommy's big project was installing the new door. It took him most of the day but when I finish painting the door it will be worth the sacrifice. I am so excited. You'll have to stay tuned!!

Sunday morning I picked up my parents and headed to the Flea Market in Saylorsburg. Such a great flea market!!! One of my favorites!! I got a lot of great things!!! It's all for the North Wing. You'll have to come back tomorrow to see my finds. I am cleaning it all up today!!

Have a great day and remember to look at Old Glory!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails