Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm Back and Local

I'm finally back and feeling better. I did something to my back that had me unable to walk properly for almost three days. I was in such pain that I was on some heavy duty pain medicine. I don't like being unable to do anything. It reminds me of being on bed rest with the twins for almost 4 months. I hate being depended on others and not being able to pick up my kids.

Luckily for me my parents were able to come up and help me out with the kids. I went to the doctor and had a day of therapy. By Saturday afternoon I was feeling much better. Tommy gave me a great massage Saturday night and I woke up on Sunday feeling much better.

I promised myself and Tommy that for the next week I will take it easy. That means no weeding, re-planting plants, moving soil bags around, moving furniture, raking the yard, and climbing onto the counter-tops to re-decorate the top of the cabinets. What does this mean for me? A lot of crafts and painting projects on a table top.

It's gong to be hard but I will do it. I also convinced myself and Tommy that maybe a professional massage might be better then going to rehab...at least it will be cheaper. However, if my back gets bad I will go back to rehab.


I am getting so excited about the warm weather and May. The month of May brings the Farmer's Market to our area. I love going to the Farmer's Market and know that everything is local. The kids and I had that experience a few weeks ago when we went to
that little farm stand. See what we got.





The flowers were actually from our garden. The house smelled so good for several days.



Apple caramel walnut cookies were delicious. I would love to find the recipe!!

The bread was ok, it was a little under baked. It was Garlic Herb bread. I don't think I will get this again. It wasn't anything great.



Here is my local goods!!! I am dreaming of all the local goods from the Farmer's Market. This year I hope to visit a lot of different Farmer's Markets.

I hope you had a great weekend. I promise to blog about the fireplace as soon as I get some good pictures!!

XOXOXOXO,

Janine

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails