Thursday, March 11, 2010

Springfest 2010

What a great way to spend a morning. The kids and I ventured to the Sussex County Fairgrounds for the Springfest.

After the beautiful weather we have been having and looking at all these gorgeous flowers I am most certainly ready for SPRING!!!




Here is the program that the ushers were not going to give me. I guess they thought maybe I had my hands full!!



Here's my little toots looking at the flowers. She got more compliments about the way she was dressed then I think the flowers.



"Look a duck," is what a lady behind me said. The kids and I got so excited we were looking all around for the duck and then I asked her where, and she pointed out the flower arrangements in the water. DUH!!! Silly us!!


I love these orchids, one day I will buy myself one, but they are so expensive and and high maintenance. I have enough high maintenance things in my life. LOL :0)





The kids thought that the plant growing out of the head was funny!! Me to, it kind of reminds me of a Chia Head.


The kids got to plant some flowers and vegetables. They had such a great time.




The kids looking at some of the animals found in the Skylands Area. They were able to name everything!! Thank you "Wonder Pets"



Toots looking at all the spring bulbs. See why everyone was saying she is so cute!!
Flower in her hair, flower on her lapel and this cute scarf.



My cutie pies looking at the fountain. I wonder if my wonderful hubby could make me this kind of fountain!!




Pussy Willows. I bought a bunch. It came in handy on the way home. I used it to wake Amelia up when she was falling asleep.




This was the first display when you walk into the festival. It got me so excited to be there.


Cherry Blossoms- I love these trees!! Nothing like seeing them in bloom. My goal is to get to DC one year to see them. I hope to take the kids to see them at Branch Brook Park. If you have never been there it worth driving into Newark.


The hummingbird had me dreaming of sitting on my deck with a glass of wine with my favorite person right at dusk when they usually come to our garden.
Sorry so long but hopefully you see why I am so excited for Spring!!
XOXOXOXO

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails