Friday, February 5, 2010

Too Many Toys

Last week the mess of all the toys was really getting to me. I think that all the toys were out and all of the house. I never realized what a neat freak I am until Thursday when I started to panic because every where I walked I stepped on something. My goal for the weekend was to get all the toys organized in some fashion and put all the bigger toys away and pull them out once in a while, so the kids will enjoy them more!!
Tommy and I spent all day Sunday going through the toys and putting all the similar toys together. We started upstairs first and then worked our way to the downstairs.
Most of the toys were divided between Amelia and Aiden's room, since that 's where they've been playing.
I left some toys downstairs for instance their kitchen supplies and all their electronic toys. When I started to organize the kitchen stuff I decided it would be a good idea to organize them into categories of fruit/vegetables, grains, dairy, etc. This way when we clean up we can talk about the food groups.
It has been helpful because the kids know where everything goes and when they are looking for something I can tell them where to go.
I may have gone over the deep end here by organizing too much but I think that my sanity is worth it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails