Monday, February 1, 2010

Someone's in the kitchen with Mommy

On Friday the kids and I ventured into NJ to take Tom to work. I was a little nervous spending the whole day shopping in NJ by myself with the kids. We went to the Christmas Tree Shop, IKEA, the largest Whole Foods in NJ, Trader Joe's, and TJMax/Home Goods. The kids were fantastic all day. They didn't nap so after we picked Tommy up from work and came home I was a little nervous that they would be in a horrible mood. But, again to my surprise the kids were in a great mood, so much so that when I started making our traditional Friday night dinner (Pizza) Aiden came into the kitchen and asked to help me cook dinner. I said sure, he went to the bathroom and got his step stool and brought it into the kitchen and placed it right by me and said "I'm ready" I let him roll out his pizza dough and then spread out his tomato sauce. He was waiting for me to finish making the other pies before I let him put on his cheese. However as many know boys don't have much of an attention span. He was a little upset, but I told him that he would be able to help me next Friday. This time I will have everything ready for him!! I was so amazed how much he wanted to help me. He's my little Bobby Flay or as Tommy says Bobby Fway!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails