Saturday, February 6, 2010

I'm a Jersey Girl

On Friday my parents came up to watch the kids and give me a chance to go out by myself. I was so excited because I already did our food shopping on Thursday, so I was actually going to go and do something that I truly enjoy. I got into the car and let my car take me to wherever...
First stop was to the Salvation Army...some might be shocked that I would go there, but since I have been blogging I have been truly inspired by the things some ladies do and most of them find their great things from Salvation Army and thrift shops. I wanted to see if I would be so lucky. Well I wasn't, I was there for about 10 minutes looking for something or anything that would inspire me. No such luck.
My next stop was to American Ribbon and Craft Outlet. If you love ribbons this is the place for you. I recently learned that they sell fabric. Since I have been trying to sew I thought that this would be a great place to find some material and it was because they had pieces of material that cost $1.69. It's very nice and rich looking. So I bought 7 pieces of material to do whatever my heart's content.
My next stop was to a antique store that I have never been to and it's a shame that I have never been there because they had a lot of nice stuff there for a great price. I found two great items the New Jersey handkerchief pictured above and a half oval table, I spent $13.00. What a deal. I spent about an hour just looking at all the great stuff. I can't wait to go back!!
My next destination was to TJ Max. I could just walk around there forever. I must be there all the time because the manager was so happy to see me as she was waving and asking me how I've been.
My last stop was to Target. I needed to get some things for the house.
I had such a relaxing day and then night came. I was sitting downstairs with my parents as Tom was getting the kids ready for bed. All of the sudden I heard bang, bang bang, and crash. Amelia was screaming and crying, she had fallen down the whole flight of stairs. She had put her sleeping bag over her head and fell down the stairs. She was bleeding, her foot was bruised very badly and it was swollen. Both Tom and my father said she should go to the hospital, to make sure that it's not broken. Amelia would not walk or stand on her foot. We went to the hospital and had some x-rays taken. The Doctor told us that she had no broken bones. We were so happy. I think that Tommy and I aged about 15 year last night. As we were taking Amelia to the hospital I said to Tommy that we should have gone out for dinner when my parent's offered to watch the kids.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Oh my goodness - what a stressful night after a relaxing day! I hope Amelia is feeling better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails