Monday, January 4, 2010

The New Year

The New Year has begun and we are off to a great start!! The cold weather has forced us to stay in the house today!! So I am determined to make it a great day! We started the day off with a great breakfast. Our first activity of the day was decorate Newspaper hats. I made the hats and showed them that you can make something neat out of a newspaper. The kids less then interested until I broke out the stickers and told them to decorate the hat anyway they want. They sat for awhile and decorated their hat. Amelia decided to decoarate her hat with animal stickers, each sticker was discussed whether or not the "Wonder Pets" save this animal. I am truly impressed with her memory considering I can't remember what I had for breakfast.


The kids are now doing self directed activity. Amelia is laying in my laundry basket and Aiden is cooking in his kitchen. Snack is in few minutes and then we will be bowling. Winter is a rough few months for us, as I don't like driving in the snow, and when it's windy I don't like driving because I am afraid of trees falling. I am already compiling a list of activities to do with the kids. I am looking for Martin Luther King activities too.


Well off to prepare snack.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails