Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Circus Week


The first day of the Circus theme week was kind of fun. We started off the morning learning that we would be doing activities revolving around the circus all week. The kids were excited, but then started to ask to go to the circus. (Little poor planning on my part) I explained that the circus is not in town at this time, but when it comes to town we would go and see it. We learned the letter "C" I showed the kids an upper and lower case "C". We looked at a picture of the circus and the kids identified all the different things they saw.
After breakfast we pinned the nose on the clown's face. My little man was not thrilled with messing with the clown picture. He also did not want to be blind folded. However the little princess enjoyed playing this game. Especially when she asked me to play the game with her. I think her favorite part was spinning me around. I have to admit I was pretending to go all over the house and the kids thought it was funny.
We ventured to the dollar store and AC Moore to get all the supplies that we needed for the week. As we shopped we talked about all the circus things I was buying.
After nap time, the kids were surprised with caramel corn for snack. Something they don't get often. After snack the kids decorated their own big top. I made a big top for each of them made from construction and computer paper. I gave each of them circus stickers to decorate the big top. They had a blast. The activity was finished fast, so I needed to come up with something fast. I remembered that I just bought a picture bingo game to play with the kids. The kids loved the game. At the end of the day I explained to them that tomorrow will be another day filled with circus activities. Day 1 was a success!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails