Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Circus Day 2










Day 2 began with the kids decorating a horse cut out. I let them go to town with markers, gems, glue, and glitter. (Yes glitter it's so much fun for a three year old.) They are making these horse so I can make a carousel for them while they are napping. The kids loved the glitter. They were only allowed to glitter one at a time, which surprisingly they went along with.


After I cleaned up the glitter mess, which was not so bad, we got ready for the snack activity. I bought rice cakes, icing, and licorice. I told the kids we were making balloon snacks. I bought white icing, they picked the color they wanted their icing to be. The kids iced the rice cake with the frosting (TIP: Next time I will use whipped cream cheese-less sugar). They put the licorice at the bottom of the rice cake for the string. They loved this new snack. I thought this was messier then the glitter.


This afternoon's activity will be jumping thru flame hoops. Don't worry I haven't lost my mind (yet). We will be jumping thru hula hoops with red, yellow, and orange streamers attached to it!

1 comment:

Tom said...

nice job. i think the boy needs a hair cut. should be a circus in itself... love ya.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails