Monday, July 25, 2011

Big Shock

Happy Monday.
I hope you had a great weekend.

We had a very nice weekend with one BIG shock.

On Friday night when I went to bed, I noticed that Speed Racer was not in his bed. He decided that he wanted to sleep in the farm room. (It's the old nursery and the room we use for guests.)

When he woke up on Saturday he informed Tommy and I that he wanted to sleep in the farm room from now on. I wanted to cry. I couldn't believe it I just let it go and then he brought it up again a few hours later.

I said to Tommy I guess that means I need to re-arrange the rooms.

I thought that we would have a least another year until we would have to deal with separating the twins.
I also thought there would be a fight for the bigger room. Boy, was I wrong!!!

On Saturday we spent the day on the lake at my father in law's house and got home really late. We put the kids in their room. Speed Racer was a little upset that he wasn't in the farm room but I told him we would talk about it tomorrow.

As much as Speed Racer was ready to move ou,t there was a certain someone who didn't want him to move out. I thought that maybe he would change his mind in the morning but he was still talking about it.

On Sunday morning we spoke to the kids about being in separate rooms and Speed Racer still wanted to move into the farm room. Ballerina was beside herself. It's hard to make both kids happy and I really wanted to respect Speed Racer's wishes. So, I had to think quick about getting Ballerina on board with this.

I told her that we could make her room girly. She said does that mean pink in my room. I said sure. She was suddenly on board!! I still had to throw one more curve ball at them.

I informed Ballerina that she would be getting the full size bed that's in the farm room. She was not thrilled about losing her bed. Tommy informed her that it was always the plan that our daughter would get that bed. She wanted to know why she couldn't have her bed in her room.

I told her both twin beds would be going into the farm room, because when we have company her room would be used for our guests and she would go into Speed Racer's room and spend the night with him. She is excited to share her room with people that come over to visit us. I also told her that on the big bed we could put flower sheets on her bed. I know the way to get to her.

On Sunday I spent the afternoon moving the beds around. Today I moved Speed Racer's clothes and toys into his room. I promised him that when we get back from Maine that we would paint his room. I hate to paint over the mural that Tommy painted five years ago, but I think Speed Racer has outgrown the whole farm thing.

Here are somethings that I did to Ballerina's room to make it girly without spending any money.


Tommy and I inherited this bed from Nana's sister in law right before we got married. We knew that when we had a little girl it would be for her.  

I bought this bench last year for $5.00 and now it's in Ballerina's room holding her bedroom toys.

I moved the mirror into her room and added some of her favorite dresses and dance costumes. In between her bed and mirror is a cradle that Tommy's paternal grandfather made. Ballerina puts her favorite dolls in there.

She loves looking at herself!!

I convinced Ballerina to get rid of her Little Mermaid Vanity. It was falling apart. I promised her that I would give her a nice vanity that she could sit at. I had this old vanity table sitting around so I thought I would put it in her room. The vanity needed a mirror and I had this mirror hanging on a wall not really doing anything.

This mirror was gold. I had some white and pink ballerina slipper spray paint around the house, so I painted the mirror and rubbed off a little paint to make it look distressed. The mirror looks better now!!

The window had yellow curtains so I needed to find something else to put up in this new girly room.
I had this pink material that I bought last year for 50 cents. It was two curtains, so I cut them in half and then in half again and made valances. I had the sheer curtains on my sliding glass door. The beach scene will have to stay for now until I find a better picture for her room.

I tied her ballet slippers up and hung them up on a hook.

I bought this jewelry box into her room and she organized all her jewelry. I wonder where she gets that from?


Everyone in the house is now very Happy!!! 


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails