Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cookie of the Week and Magazine

This week's Cookie is Lemon Sugar Snaps

I am really into the color yellow and I thought it would be nice to make some cookies with lemons as one of the ingredients.



I gathered all the ingredients and and the kids to help.



1 ¾ cups all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cream of tartar

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup granulated sugar, plus additional for rolling

1 large egg

Fresh grated zest of 3 lemons

1 tbs. fresh lemon juice



In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar and set aside.
 
 
Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg, zest, and lemon juice, beat until combined.
 
 
 
Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed just until combined. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls, place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place additional sugar (about ½ cup) in a shallow bowl, and roll the dough balls in the sugar to cover completely. Place coated dough balls at least two inches apart on the prepared baking sheet and bake until the edges begin to turn golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.


When the cookies have cooled place them in your favorite cookie jar.
Then pour your favorite cup of tea and have yourself a little sweet snack!!


Be sure to grab your favorite magazine!!


This is my favorite magazine. I'm a little behind on the times because this is the fall addition!! I will be getting the new one in the next couple of days!!

Photobucket






















1 comment:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh my hubby would love these and how cute are your kids in there helping. I love to bake with my kids too. My older ones can go in the kitchen and create something wonderful on their own. You can't start them early enough.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails