Thursday, July 29, 2010

Being a Kid

Lateley, I've been thinking about when I was a kid. The one thing that goes through my head is "I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger." Can you imagine?

I was going to blog today about my favorite summer time activities. Which of course was going to the pool. I went on-line to see if they had pictures of my home away from home in the summer. They did!!! I was so excited and I started to cry because I have such great memories of summer time at the pool.

So here are some pictures of the pool and some memories!!!

Here is my Larchmont Swim Club:



This was the warmest pool in the Club. You guessed it it's the baby pool. I was lucky that I never had to swim in this pool. However , Gavin and Gared had to swim in!!!

This is the pool that I spent most of my time swimming in. This area is where the diving boards are. There was a low diving board, two regular sized diving boards, and the HIGH DIVE. I had no problem going off the lower diving boards, but to me the high dive was very scary. It would take me all summer to get the courage to jump of the board. By the end of the summer I was jumping off like crazy. I remember standing up there shaking thinking it so scary. However climbing back down the stairs is scarier to me. So I would just jump.

This is another angle of the pool I spent the most time in. We called it the Olympic pool. When I was 15, I took life guarding classes here and I would have to swim 25 laps in this pool. A lap would be back and forth. I was the only girl in this class with boys that often made my teenage years HELL!!!!! But I showed them by beating them when swimming laps.


This was the family sized pool. I would only go in this pool if someone had an accident in the other pool or during adult swim. Off in the distance you'll see blue and yellow umbrellas, that is the snack bar. My mom would give us 50 cents or sometimes a dollar for a snack. It was a special treat when we would eat dinner there.

The club also had a locker room with showers. Most days we would go when the pool opened and stayed until it closed at 8:00. By the end of the day my dad would come to the pool and play with us and then take Gavin and Gared into the locker rooms to shower them, when we got home the boys would be put to bed for the night.

I wouldn't change a thing about being at the pool all the time!! I wish I could take the kids to this pool!!

Where did you like to swim as a kid?


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails