Monday, March 8, 2010

Dirty Car


Keeping a car clean and straightened with two kids traveling inside is a difficult task. The kids like to take toys along for the ride and they occasionally like to have a snack. When winter hits it's kind of hard to keep it organized because the last thing I want to do is stand outside in the freezing cold. Pictured below is what it looked like after a very long winter.

Please don't judge me because of my messy car. I gave serious consideration on how to handle this messy business. I looked into several back seat organizer. They had everything that I could want but they were either black or grey. BORING!!! So I decided to attempt making them myself. I went to the fabric store and picked out fabric that I thought best suited my little kids. Here they are below.

Aiden got Rock and Roll fabric, is this not the best material for a him? He loves his guitars and music. I thought it fit him to a "T". It has pockets for his books, crayons, glasses, and his "handy dandy notebook." (Blue's Clues saying)

I made my little girl this organizer with flip flop material because she loves flip flops just like her mama. We are so excited that flip flop season is right around the corner. I added some flowers and lace to hers...well because she likes that kind of stuff.


Here's the organizers in the car. I made them so that we can just slip them over the head rest. It's long enough for the kids to get what they want.

I made a deal with myself that when we get home from someplace I take a quick minute to throw everything back into the organizer.

These organizers were successful for our long trip down to South Jersey over the weekend. I think I want to try to make a little trash bag for each of them, so they don't have me reaching around the back to get their trash while I'm driving. Stay tuned for that and other tips for keeping your car organized.

I hope you are enjoying this early Spring weather!!

XOXOXO

2 comments:

Becky said...

These are SO adorable and crafty (not surprising though) - you should sell these on Etsy!!!!!!!! I feel like I need to buy one of these for my mom for herself in her own car.

Janine Nieman said...

Thanks. I don't think that I am ready for Etsy. My sewing is not that great. I would be more then happy to make one for your mom free of charge that way I can get better at making them! Let me know what kind of fabric I should get!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails