Friday, March 26, 2010

The Big Reveal



I have worked so hard on this room. I still have a few more projects to do before it's finished. Tommy and I will be working on some art work for over the dresser. I am looking for the perfect idea for headboards. I'm also on the look out for a surf board.






Paradise is out the door!! The picture is of the kids in Maine on the Beach. I had this shadow box and I added some stickers and a starfish. We added coat hooks for beach bags a great place to store light toys.



I don't really love the night table, but it will have to do for now. The Adirondack chair is a light, $7.00 at Christmas Tree Shop. I found the light the day after I decided to do a beach theme room. I knew it was a sign!!





The beds are all dressed. The bed spreads were a clearance item at Wal-Mart. I didn't want anything too nice or expensive because they are kids. The other items on the bed are from my favorite store Target. The blankets are actually towels. Yes there is a naked baby on the bed. The dress that I wanted to put on her is in the other room. The kids are napping.





The buckets are holding the kids toys. They were allowed to pick a few toys to keep in their room.






Some of the decorations in their room. I saw a similar light in Pottery Barn for Kids. It was expensive, but I found mine for $5.00 at Christmas Tree Shop. The wooden truck was made by Great Grandpa Nieman. I am looking for a ice cream truck sticker. The starfish was a purchase many years ago. I've had the bambo placemats. It think I bought them from Pier One. I had three of them so it looks like a runner.



I painted the light white and added some yellow ribbon to the shade to have it coordinate with the other lamp shades. I've had the directors chair for several years and thought it would work great in the room. The suit case is holding all of their puzzles. The hat boxes have vintage beach pictures on it, a Home Goods find. It's also added storage. We've had the bambo bulletin board for a long time.




The pictures above are from some of our family vacations. The table has been in our basement and I thought it would be a nice touch to the room. There's a message in the bottle on one of the shelves. I wrote the kids a letter telling them about all the fun I had doing their room. It is glued shut.





I bought these Adirondack chairs at K-Mart I thought it would be nice to make a little reading area. Amelia got this doll for Hanukkah from Grandma and Brad. She is usually dressed in a ballet outfit. I thought she should fit with the beach theme. I made the yellow pillow out of a hand towel. I'm looking for a rug to put in the area.





Here is the reading area. I ordered a book rack. I am waiting for it to come in. For now I am using an old drying rack.








Here is my old dresser. It's all white and has new hardware. I like it. I am waiting for my father to get better to come help me distress it. Yes we have a TV in there. Sometimes I need a little help with the kids. Plus it has kept me company while working in the room all week.

Here is the toy bucket up close. I added chalk paint so I could right their names on the bucket.






Here is my $4.00 poster. I wish I was there. I added some of the kid's baby bathing suits on a clothesline. I thought it would be a cute valance. You see bathing suits on a clothes line down at the shore.




I'm not sure if I am going to keep the bathing suits up. I will have to keep them up for a few days and then decide. I embellished some of the clothes pins with shells.

I think that's it for now. I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures. I am truly impressed with myself. Don't mean to toot my own horn. I realized looking at these photos, I really need a new camera!! That's next on my list.


Stayed tuned for how I transform the old bedroom to a farm retreat. Should be fun!!!


XOXOXOXOXO

Janine






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails