Thursday, February 18, 2010

Going Green?

Tommy and I had the afternoon off on Saturday, thanks to Mom and Brad. Tommy and I really needed some time away from the house. It was a crazy week, with everyone being sick. As always we didn't know where to go so we headed to Borders. It was so busy, I couldn't understand why is was so crowded, then as I made my way through the store, there it was....a dollar section. They had some really good books. How could you not go for $1.00 books? I found this book "Green Goes with Everything" I figured that I might find some good tips. I am not one of those people who have gone green. I take my canvas shopping bags to the food store, I recycle, and compost. That is the extent to what I do.

This book has made me crazy with all the talk about toxins in basically everything we use...cleaning sprays, soaps, lotion, makeup, laundry detergent, our clothes, sheets. The list goes on and on. I am thinking to myself every time I use on of these items I am releasing toxins into the air for A&A to breath in. OH MY GOD!!! I could be getting them sick. What am I to do?

Well I think I need to make a game plan. One thing that can help is to have about 15 plants in the house. It can get rid of 90% of the toxins in the house. I have two right now, but I think I want to go to get a few more today!

The book suggests getting rid of all the things I mentioned above. That seems like a lot of money down the drain. I know that the cleaning spray I use is safe. So I am good there. I will replace the items with the better stuff or I can make homemade stuff.

I keep telling myself that the kids have been ok so far. (KNOCK ON WOOD)!!!
Sometimes, reading something to help you, can actually make you go crazy. I should just stick to romance novels. Speaking of which after we did Borders I dragged Tommy kicking and screaming to see Valentine's Day!!

The book suggests using Shaklee products. Go to shaklee.com to find a distributor near you. Also Oprah loves this product...Shaklee Basic H2.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails