Monday, January 25, 2010

Week of January 25th


The theme for this week is Potty. Guess what we will really be doing most of this week... you guessed it learning to go to the Potty all the time. We started off by telling the kids a few white lies:
1. Dr Chun called and told us they would need to get a shot if they don't start using the potty.
2. There is a shortage of diaper and if the kids keep using diaper Olivia and Gehrig won't have any to wear.
We might be mean by lying to them but it worked and is working. Aiden had a rough start I guess he doesn't feel the urge like Amelia does. He would pee his pants. He had three accidents before I realized that this might discourage him so I ran to CVS to get him Pull Ups. The pull ups seem to be working for him. Amelia really has no problem wearing her underwear. We set the timer to go off every 30 minutes (so I don't lose track of time). They know when they hear the timer to go off they go right over to the bathroom. They go and then if they go they get a little treat. We are on day two and it is a success. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!! I know we will be ok at home but my main concern is going out!! I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Today we went to our "classroom" and I had Blue's paw print all over the "classroom" with P-O-T-T-Y on the back and then we sounded the letters out and told the kids this would be the theme for the week. We then colored a picture of Blue going to the potty. Then off to the potty we go.....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails