Thursday, January 14, 2010

Circus Day 4


Circus Day three was a disaster, because the kids were in a horrible mood, so I won't even begin to talk about that.

Day four we started the day by baking a cake so after nap-time we could decorate the cake like a carousel. The kids really got into putting the ingredients into a bowl, cracking the eggs, and mixing the batter. They blew the cake a kiss and into the oven it went for 30 minutes.

After the kids had animal crackers for snack we made clowns from white paper plates and other things I had on hand. The kids really like this because the mouth was made from twizzlers. They kids love their new friend.

Amelia came down the stairs from her nap asking to decorate the cake. The kids helped me decorate the cake by supervising me spread the icing. I inserted straws into the cake, added the animals (animal cracker), and added the top of the carousel made from scrap booking paper. The kids can't wait for Daddy to come home to show him.


As the day progressed, I thought it would be a great idea that the kids and I have a place to go and not worry about the glitter, glue, and other stuff getting all over the house. (Not to mention Tom has gone to work several days this week with glitter on his face). So I went to the basement and made it kid friendly. I'll post pictures another day. I am excited that we can go down there and have it be a change of scenery for all of us.

I already started planning next week's theme...Stay tuned for that!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails