Saturday, February 5, 2011

Habitat Store and a Low-Fat Dessert




Yesterday the kids and I traveled to NJ to visit the Habitat for Humanity Store in Mine Hill, NJ.

If you've never heard about this place, it's a place you should become familiar with especially is you are remodeling.

Habitat’s ReStore resale outlets sell reusable and surplus building materials to the public

While every ReStore outlet is a little different, most focus on home improvement goods like furniture, home accessories, building materials and appliances.
 
 
 


This is the second store I have visited and they are different. I think depending on the area depends on the type and quality of supples you will find. I saw a Pottery Barn sofa for a few hundred bucks that was in perfect condition. I didn't buy because I really want a sectional sofa!! Anthropology had donated a surplus of tile to the store. It was never used and it was $10 a case plus 20% off.
Give it a whirl you might find something you need for the house.

So, the other day I was visiting someone's blog and they posted about a delicious and two ingredient dessert. I had to look it up and see for myself. It really is just two ingredients and it is low-fat and a Weight Watcher's favorite.

Don't they look so good?

I have them in the cake stand!!!

Here is the super easy recipe!!

Yum Yum Brownie Muffins






(1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 5*)
This super-simple 2-ingredient recipe is a Weight Watchers Fave!


1 box devil's food cake mix


1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)


Directions:


Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.

I like how I am able to sneek something healthy into a dessert. The kids love them and so does Tommy. I have to say they are really good when you are craving something sweet!!

If you are interested in finding more of these recipes click on this web-site. She also has a show on the Cooking Channel!!!




Photobucket


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails