Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thrift Shop Finds and Something Free

Tommy worked from home on Friday and had a lot of conference calls. That meant that the kids and I needed to get lost. Good thing that my parent's camper opened the week before. The kids and I headed over to my parents for the day.


The weather was not very nice. We walked around the campground and then took the kids for a ride so my father could take a nap. My mom and I headed to Dollar General. I found some hair clips for My Little Toots and My Little Guy found himself a straw hat. I also found a few other things too. (More on that another time.)

My mom suggested that he hit the Community thrift shop. I was so excited to go to a thrift shop. So many other blogerettes find incredible things at thrift shops. We walked in and I saw this incredible pitcher and bowl.





The price tag was right for $5.00 and I am into everything white. Then I walked around and started to look at the kids clothes. I usually don't buy kids clothes in consignment, but I found a beautiful skirt for My Little Toots from the Gap and two others from Lands End. They were in perfect condition and they cost $1.50 each. I found a cute pair of shorts from Gymboree for $1.50 and a nice dress from the Gap for $3.00. I was so excited that I found these great things I forgot about the pitcher and bowl.

When you go to a thrift shop I think it pays to go with someone, because they might see something that you don't. My mom found this hand embroidered table cloth for $1.00. She thought that it would look nice on one of my tables. Which it does

Like I said I was so excited about all this great stuff that I forgot about the pitcher and bowl until I got home and thought about. I must have thought about it very hard because my mom came over on Sunday and brought it to me. Thanks Mom. (That's another reason it pays to go shopping with someone.) I found a great place for it in our bedroom.


On our new fireplace. Yes, we have a fireplace in our bedroom. It's not a real fire, it's very fake!! But it was FREE!!!! I have to clean the mirror again. It's very streaky!!

Come back tomorrow to see how I got this fireplace for free and the story about the fireplace.

By the way the kids were so good in the consignment shop. They played with all the toys!!

XOXOXOXO,

Janine

2 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

You found some great treasures at the Thrift store. I love the tablecloth, very pretty.

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

hugs


Sissie

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

A free fireplace = how great is that! Great thirfty finds too!

Manuela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails