Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Great Grandma



Sunday was Great Grandma's birthday (Tommy's grandma), so I decided that I would take the kids for a visit today. The kids were super excited to see her. I enjoy taking the kids to see Grandma and Pappou, especially when it's just us.

Grandma had an activity idea for the kids. She had these gold streamers that she thought that they could have fun with and boy did they, especially when great Grandma threw it up in the air and it flew all over the place. It was all over the sun room and we would drag it into the house when we went inside. It got all tangled up in the wheels of the car and bike. Amelia was calling it gold snow as she laid down on the floor and made a snow angel. I tried cleaning it up the best that I could but every time I did, I would get yelled at by Pappou telling me that he needed something to do after we left.

We had a great visit, there was no crying, yelling and fighting. We got to sing happy birthday and watch grandma make the flame disappear without blowing out the candle.

There is something that makes me happy about watching my kids play and bond with their Great Grandparents. I think that the kids are very lucky to have four of their great grandparents still around!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails