Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January

January, is a hard month for us because the weather is always so uncertain. The days are so short and cold. The only time we go outside is to run to the car to go someplace. The one thing that I look forward to during the month of January is Shop Rite's "Can Can" sale. It's the high-light of my month. I get to stock up on all the beans and tomatoes our pantry can hold. If Tommy had it his way I would also stock up the basement with cans. Beans is the one thing the kids love. Amelia just can't seem to get enough of them, her favorite are chick peas and black beans.
I am always looking for new recipes that use beans in a creative way and I found it in "Everyday Food" (Martha Stewart) of course!!!. It's black bean and brown rice cakes. It seems so simple and yet tasty. Baked sweet potato fries will accompany the cakes along with a sauce made from plain yogurt, lime juice, cilantro, salt, and pepper.
I made dessert tonight too...Heavenly jam cookies. Recipe to follow shortly!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails